Don't delay...Make an Appointment to Meet With a Career Specialist Today
At U-Matter CC, we are committed to assisting our students and alumni in their career development by offering:
- One-on-one career counseling to identify career options and utilize various job search methods
- Resume preparation and cover letter assistance and review
- Mock Interviews
- Job Fairs which include the opportunity to interview on campus
- Workshops on preparing your resume and cover letter, job search methods, interviewing, making a positive first impression, etc.
- Semester long classes on career exploration and the job search.
- Networking events
- Interniship and practicum opportunities
- Career Lab (see more below)
U-Matter Career Lab
The Career Lab is a great resource for students. It is a library full of resources to help you with choosing a career or searching for a job.
- Self Assessments: interests, values and abilities inventories
- Career Planning Materials: books and handouts on career direction and job search topics
- Job Opportunities: current job listings for local and national companies
- Journals & Magazine: business journals and magazines to help you stay current on employment trends
- Volunteer Opportunities: volunteer listings to help build your professional experience and network